Saturday 31 January 2009

Jolly Postman

I haven't blogged since Tuesday and am suitably ashamed, but I seem to have lots of correspondence just now.

On Thursday I was in York for some serious thought, study and input, but before that, yes, I did go shopping. York has a brand new Beatrix Potter shop. I was raised on Beatrix Potter, I brought up my children on Beatrix Potter, and I am doing the same for my godchildren. I came away with the Tale of Mrs Tiggywinkle, which was always one of my favourites, and some ideas for birthdays.

I got home late at night to find some letters from the US. The next morning, there was a whole box of them, this time from the Mistmantle Pilgrims who came to see me last year, with some beautiful photographs taken in York, Alnwick and Alnmouth. And today, along came my advance copy of the hamster book.

Oh, the hamster...

No comments: