Tuesday 22 December 2009

from the snow kingdom

The house of stories is the snow kingdom now. On Saturday I came back from a rehearsal and decided I may as well scrunch down the garden and cut some holly while I still had my coat and wellies on. The snow was crisp and sparkly. Picture this. A snow-filled garden. Woman in winter coat, scarf, hat, wellies, basket on her arm, cutting holly. In the next garden, on the other side of the fence, two children in red jackets are sledging down the hill. Someone should have been painting us for next year's Christmas card.

Snow all the next day, snow going to church and back for carols by candlelight. Lady Sunshine was snowed in here all weekend, and daughter arrived safely yesterday. It's not all good. Ice and snow bring their own problems. If you believe in prayer, pray for the homeless and the stranded tonight.

Daughter is at a wedding today, and I'll be glad when she's home.

No comments: