Saturday 6 March 2010

dragons

The new dragon arrived yesterday!

The Glassblobbery at www.glassblobbery.com is one of our regular calling points in Wales, so we were there a week or two ago. I noticed that, though they had various sporting dragons and busy dragons, they didn't have a writing dragon.

No writing dragon, no problem. They do commissions, even little ones like a dragon with pen and paper, and offered to make one for me. Beautiful little dragon arrived safely yesterday and is red, about six inches tall, and waiting for a name. (I'm not sure if it's male or female, and don't like to ask. Well, you wouldn't, would you?) All suggestions welcome.

I note that, unlike me, it's left-handed. Maybe it's telling me to think in a different way about my next book? By the way, ideas are like seedlings - you cultivate lots of them, and choose the strongest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A writing dragon, neat! :) Reminds me a little of Chris D'Lacey's dragon books.

Capsicum was the first name that popped into my head when I read the description. And then Canterbury. :)

margaret mcallister said...

Capsicum - a good fire-breathing name. I don't think a Welsh dragon would like to be named after an English city, so perhaps not Canterbury. Still thinking. Thanks!
Margi