Thursday 24 June 2010

one of those weeks

Lots of work to do this week. I should be writing constantly. And I am doing lots of writing, honestly, but -

the two 'days out' that I bought at a promises auction have both happened within the last week, so I've been to Harlow Carr gardens with Daphne and Skipton (wonderful Cornerstone bookshop) with Debbie.

The visit to Harlow Carr meant a lot more gardening to be done. As the weeds are taking over the world, it needs doing anyway.

Lots of mail arrived from Hyperion, some of which has been with them for a while, so that all needed to be answered.

Following the visit of a mouse to the toy cupboard at Toddler Group, all the toys have had to be taken out and washed.

WHile I'm not into football myself, it's a good idea to keep half an eye on it so I know if my sons are going to be traumatised.

And it's Wimbledon fortnight.

I did suggest to a certain royal person that I could do with a few hedgehogs to help in the garden and a secretary, a squirrel to take the post out, and a washer-otter to keep things going while I write/watch the tennis. 'Tennis?' he asked. 'What's that?' So now every able-bodied animal in Mistmantle is at it.

But I have been writing. : )

No comments: