Wednesday 11 August 2010

Mistmantle, cake, and mysteries

Urchin and the Rage Tide seems to be going down well, judging from all the lovely e-mails I've received, so thank you all very much for all you've told me. Sorry to make you cry, but it's the right sort of crying, I hope.

Lady Sunshine is trying to fatten me up. I'm quite capable of doing that by myself, thank you, but this weekend she brought me cake. Then I was in York hiding and getting some work done, and meeting my friend Stephanie at Betty's in York. (Google 'Bah! to Cancer' and you'll find Stephanie, and be amazed.) If you can go to Betty's and not eat something cakey, squidgy, or just sweet, there is something seriously the matter with you. See a doctor (or Brother Juniper) at once.

The mystery is a nasty spotty rash, and not even the doctor knows what it is, but it was worrying enough for me to stay away from my parents in case it was anything infectious (and I was looking forward to going out with them for lunch. Never mind, I could still do dot-to-dot puzzles on my right leg.) It seems to be going away now. (The rash, not my right leg.)

Maybe I'm allergic to something? Definitely not cake.

No comments: