Tuesday 3 August 2010

Riding School

No, I haven't been trit-trotting on ponies, I've been on the annual Summer School with Riding Lights Theatre Company. (Google them). Every production I've ever seen them do has been excellent - sharp, strong and pacey - and the Summer School was the same. I was learning about how to write plays, and I did learn, lots.

We were taught by Nigel Forde (google him, too) and I was so in awe of him I avoided him in the dining room for the first two days because I was afraid of not knowing what to say, or - even worse -saying something stupid. However, as a good teacher he drew us all out, challenged and encouraged us, and I now have some beginnings of playscripts to think about.

Isn't my husband a good blogger? I love what he wrote when I was away. I'll get him to guest blog again next time I go on an adventure.

FINALLY - blow a trumpet! Open the fizz! Sing! Throw streamers!

Lovely older son and Lady Sunshine are engaged to be married! Yippee!

No comments: