Wednesday 8 September 2010

rosie

I was telling a reader about Rosie today, and she suggested Rosie should do a blog. Rosie herself is extremely shy, but as I'm her adoptive mother I'll tell you about her.

Rosie is a very beautiful roe deer who was spotted by a member of the public with her leg caught in a fence. They very sensibly contacted those amazing people at Tiggywinkle's, who came out, rescued her, and took her back to St Tiggywinkle's Hospital to attend to her injured leg.

Rosie needed surgery, which was successful, so she still has the use of all four legs. However, she'll never be fast enough or strong enough to be released to the wild, so she has a new home in the safety of the deer paddock at Tiggywinkles, where I hope to visit her one day. And so I hope, will you.

As my foster-deer, she's a member of the House of Stories community. We are highly privileged to have her.

1 comment:

Apple Blossom said...

Awww! Rosie sounds soooo cute!!