Monday 4 October 2010

Tony

Because I like to protect my family's privacy I don't usually name them on the blog, but I can't go on about Tony at length and still keep calling him The Husband. At present he is an acknowledged cleverclogs and I want to show him off.

This weekend we went to London where he was to be awarded his Master of Theology cum laude. He worked long and hard for this, wowed the examiners, and was also awarded the Vice-Chancellor's award, which was only announced on the day. He now has a new set of robes, a rather fetching hood, and a very proud missus.

I still can't walk very far, so we spent much of the time in and around Trafalgar Square and Strand, and further posts will hopefully tell you about the National Gallery, St Martin-in-the-Fields, (which isn't in the fields, but it was once) and Pearlies. Now we are both back to work, I haven't finished unpacking, there is a joiner replacing the ceiling in the shower, and the engineer has just repaired the boiler so we can have heating without losing the hot water. And Cleverclogs M Th is at a staff meeting, so I'm making builder's tea for the joiner. Back to earth.

No comments: