Saturday 13 November 2010

Apple

Ooh, what a surprise we had, me and Filbert, what a lovely party, ooh, we 'ad no idea, nobody told us a thing, it were all secret. Needle and Thripple comes to find me and Filbert, and they say, we've got some new cloaks we think might look good on you, and some ribbons for your hat, do you want to come and try on? So there we were in the tower workrooms, trying on these very nice cloaks, made us look right important, and Needle says,

'I don't know. Let's see what Urchin thinks, he's in 'ere', and she takes us down the hall to this room, and ooh, it were like stepping into the sky! All blue and clouds and stars and music, ooh, I thought, this is what it must feel like to fly on them swans, ooh it were lovely, and Filbert's turning round gazing about - we had music and ooh, the food were just perfect, and we danced, it were like dancing in the sky.

They'd invited our friends from the wood, and of course our Urchin and all his friends were their, Fingal, ooh, Fingal makes me laugh, and Captain Padra turned up, and, ooh, even royalty.

Afterwards I asked Urchin why they'd done it, and he just said, ''cos we love you'. They'd even got us a comfy bedroom in the Tower, with flowers in there and everything. Just as well, we was too tired to go home, but mind, I like our little home in the woods better than anywhere.

I've got my home, and my Filbert, and I never thought I'd be so happy and have someone like him beside the fire with me. And I've seen our Urchin do well. I wouldn't change places with the Queen of Mistmantle. Come to think of it, it aint easy being the Queen of Mistmantle, is it?

No comments: