Saturday 22 January 2011

Frost

Clear, frosty skies across the valley, a glittering garden and stunning sunsets. I was playing peep-bo with Newest Godchild yesterday, and she kept throwing back her head and laughing. (My face has that effect on people.) She has golden hair and amber eyes and is the Golden Child forthwith.

Daughter, Lady Sunshine, and the rest of Lady Sunshine's bridesmaids to be are off on their 'Here Come The Girls) day choosing bridesmaids dresses, Lovely Younger Son is seeing The Lassie today, Tony is away doing Something Important and only Lovely Older Son is home. All is quiet...

MUCH

No, it blooming aint! This garden's full of blooming spuggies all looking for their dinner. They came down at breakfast time when the grass were frozen that 'ard you could 'ave snapped it, they were all chip-chipping away at the soil, they'll break their beaks if they're not careful. And there's two little robins strutting about squaring up to each other over who owns the bit between the raised bed and the fence. There's enough garden for them to choose from, for 'eaven's sake.

'Er come down today, she says she had a dream last night that gave her the perfect plot for a novel. What was it, I asked? I don't know, she says, I've forgotten it. Blimey, she can't even have a kip without getting something wrong.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Dear Mrs. McAllister,
This is Fluffy (Grace's bunny). Grace has found a copy and is waiting for it to arrive. Thank you very much for asking. Also thanks for commenting on her blog (she was thrilled to see you did... she screamed "A FAMOUS AUTHOR COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!!!!" yeah I could hear it from downstairs). She LOVES your books. Oh no Grace stay upstairs! Gotta go. Bye!

Fluffy

margaret mcallister said...

Hi, Grace and Fluffy! I like your blog! Hope the book arrived.

Fluffy may like some books I did about an intelligent hamster, 'Hammy the Wonder Hamster', which I wrote under the name 'Poppy Harris'. They're only published in the UK, but you might be able to get them on Amazon.

Grace said...

I think Fluffy would like that! And yes, the copy of Urchin and the Rage Tide arrived!!! It's very good! Will you keep writing that series? The ending is very sad, but I still love the book! I am doing a book report on Urchin and the Heartstone. I did one last fall on Urchin of the Riding Stars. Tell Brother Juniper I said hi (he is my favorite character in your books)!

My mom bought The Octave of Angels for me. I can't wait to read it.

Grace

PS: I have to find a better lock for Fluffy's cage...I can't figure out how he's getting on here to type.

margaret mcallister said...

He must have been reading about Hammy. He knows how to do that, too. And he loves computers.

Hope you enjoy the Octave of Angels!