Wednesday 13 April 2011

Much

'Er's flitting round that garden like a blooming fairy, talking to them flowers, blooming 'eck, one of these days they'll talk back to her. One new bud on the aqui-thingy and she goes ecstatic. Mind, it does look good, all them daffies and tulips and forgotten-me-nots all sprouting away. 'Er says there's a Chinese proverb that says 'if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden'.

In 'er case, if you would be happy with yer garden, get some bloke to do the heavy work for yer.
Perhaps 'er's got more sense than I reckoned.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love it when you talk about your garden!
Today I planted a dozen English roses on the bottom side of my goldfish pond. I kept apologizing to them for our Georgia red clay and promised them lots of love and care. I was certain I heard one little Eglantyne say that this environment is not what Mr. David Austin promised her, if she went to America. I tossed a couple of extra earthworms in her planting hole. I do want her to be happy.
Do you have roses?

margaret mcallister said...

How beautiful! Send my best wishes to little Eglantyne, please! Tell her it's St George's Day 0n 23 April, and they can have a party.

There are lovely roses here, but they were put in by a previous owner of the house and I don't know what they are - a row of yellow standard roses and a beautiful shrubby one with peach coloured flowers. And I have a Tequila Sunrise in a pot, which was a present from a dear friend.

David Austin roses! Then they know they're special and will have a high opinion of themselves. You may have to be firm.