Monday 20 June 2011

The Best

The Best Blog Entry Ever

You may notice I've been away from The House of Stories for a while. I've been a lovely little town in the South West for the wedding of Lovely Older Son and Lady Sunshine. After all that planning and preparation, here we were, and it would take another book to tell you all about it. So, the short version.

On Wednesday LOS and Lady Sunshine picked me up from the station. We hit Cribbs Causeway to buy paper stationery, buckets for flowers, enough cool boxes to make Pimms and fruit punch by the gallon, presents for the little attendants, sparkly stuff, glittery stuff and stuff I can't even remember.

Thursday, Tony and my sister arrived and we launched into action. Over the next two days, flowers were arranged, the marquee was turned into a banquet hall, cup cakes were collected, guests arrived, gardens were plundered for greenery, garlands were hung up, and Tony hung up strings of lights because I was a wuss and was afraid that if I tried to do them I'd knock out the trip switch and cause a power cut. By about two hours before the ceremony it was all ready and there was just time to change. Lovely Younger Son was in so many places at once, there came a point when nobody knew which car his shoes were in.

I'll tell you snippets and anecdotes as the week goes on, but to condense it all, LS, LOS and all the wedding party looked stunning. Daughter, who was a bridesmaid, has never looked so beautiful, played the flute for the signing of the register and the soiree, and was chatted up. The little flower girl and ring-bearer were lovely and a credit to their families - and oh, what a great family LOS is marrying into. LS and LOS had planned it all themselves, and everyone launched in to making it just the day they wanted. We danced and danced.

A very blessed and happy future to The Sunshines.

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Congratulations to you all, and God's blessing!

Rina said...

Yes... blessings to them both, and to you all. Weddings are a special kind of wonderful.

Deborah said...

Aren't Beginnings so amazing to watch! I wish the young couple many years of happiness and love. :)

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you for all your comments - when we got home I couldn't wait to write the blog and tell you all about it! I don't think those two stopped smiling all day. I've never been to a happier wedding, and those two are so good together.