Tuesday 31 January 2012

confession

It's one of my weaknesses.

I know we're supposed to save water by having showers instead of baths, but I so love a hot bath. It's not just about getting clean. It's about heat, and relaxation, and having nothing to do but sploosh around and wash. And think. Some of my best ideas sort themselves out while I'm in the bath, and I know that a lot of creative people have the same experience. (Not all in the same bath, you understand.)

In winter, when I get out of a shower, I dash for the nearest fire and huddle beside it, shivering. When I get out of a hot bath I'm centrally heated all the way through, so, you see, it saves on energy. If I knew a way to redirect the plumbing so that old bath water could be used to flush the loo, I would. As it is, I save bath water in summer for putting on the garden.

Yes, there are ducks - for when the small godchildren are here, you understand. And one of them is a duck with sentimental value, because it's Daughter's from a duck race.

It's bath time. Shall I sing?

2 comments:

Rina said...

I just chortled out loud again, reading the "but not all in the same bath, you understand" line.

margaret mcallister said...

You've now put a very odd picture into my head...