Saturday 25 February 2012

Bless me

Bless me. I just sneezed. I should be in York today for the Member's Day of the inspiring and astonishing Riding Lights Theatre Company. Today they will tell all the Members about the wonderful things they've done this year and what they're doing next year. They will showcase and commission the new touring company and leading actors like Nigel Forde and Paul Burbridge will take part in the cabaret. It'll go better without me coughing all the way through it. So instead of doing the British thing - 'keep going until you collapse with pleurisy', I'm doing it the American way - 'stay home and keep your disgusting germs to yourself'.

I get to spend more time with the Sunshines this way, too, as they're here for the weekend. The garden looks sunshine-y, too, with everything popping up. Much is happy.

What I really need is for my voice to hold out. Next week is Schools Book Week and I have two full days of visits. Anyone know how to ward off laryngitis?

2 comments:

Rina said...

Hoping you feel better soon!
I was once told that hot tea, alternated with ice water, would help throat and nose trouble...

margaret mcallister said...

Thanks! Tried it, but so far my wrecked throat is resisting everything!

I have some books lined up for Lent about silence and stillness. I don't think it means enforced silence apart from a hacking cough.