Tuesday 14 February 2012

Love and memories

The expression 'I've forgotten where I put my memory stick' is heard a lot in this house, as is 'I can't see what I've done with my glasses'. Memory sticks are such odd little things, and so easily left in a handbag, under a pile of papers, or in a pocket. Fortunately whatever I have on mine is already on the laptop and usually ends up in hard copy and on Tony's computer as well, so losing the memory stick is a nuisance, not a catastrophe. Perhaps I could find one that bleeps when I come near it. Or one that smells of chocolate, I should be able to locate that at fifty paces.

If nobody sent you a Valentine today it's because your worth hasn't yet been fully appreciated. But I send my love and appreciation to you for kindly coming to my site and reading my blog. I feel quite loved today, not only because a certain clerical gentleman gave me a card and chocolates, but because one of our local libraries held a 'Love Your Author' event this evening. They rounded up a few local authors, some keen readers, and a lot of professionals involved in schools and libraries, and we had time to mingle, meet readers, network, talk about what we do, answer questions, drink pink fizzy things, and eat cake. It was a great idea, and said a lot about how valuable our public libraries are. Hopefully it will be the first of many. Libraries and authors, it' a mutual love thing. Get along to your library.

Oh, the memory stick turned up.

Washing machine. Pocket.

No comments: