Thursday 29 March 2012

hexham

What a beautiful day yesterday. I spent it in Hexham with my parents and an old friend, a rare and glorious day out. We sat in the sunshine, drank elderflower fizz, and enjoyed just being there, in the Abbey Grounds, among the swathes of spring flowers and trees with shy white buds emerging. Processions of children were arriving at the Abbey for their end of term services.

Now that Mum and Dad are old and getting frail, days like these are so precious. It's one to keep for ever.

Lovely Younger Son comes home today. If I'm a Very Good Mum he might take me to sit in a sunny park when I'm an old lady. (And if I'm a Very Bad Mum he might just leave me there.)

And we ain't gettin' no swathes of flowers 'ere if you don't get off that comper-hooter and pull them weeds out - MUCH

No comments: