Monday 5 March 2012

Plague

I'm still getting over my voice crash virus, which has been raging round the valley for at least three weeks. In the far south of England, eldest god-daughter has tonsilitis, and in the far north, Dad has a bad cold. So has my editor in London. I'm afraid that I might have given it to the children at Thornton Cleveleys last week, so that's the Lancashire coast done for. I don't know about the rest of the British Isles, but I suspect England is becoming a Plague Village.

That reminds me of the story of Eyam Village? Do you know it? I might tell that on the blog later this week.

This has been one of those days when constant interruptions have come between me and work. However, one of those interruptions was Stephen the gardener turning up, so that got me out of the study and into the garden on a cold bright morning. Spring is definitely on the way, and before we know it the swallow will be coughing over the river.

Following the definitions game, I've been thinking -

Delightful - removing all the light bulbs

Co-operative - let's all sing together

Deliberate - to return someone to prison. (THINK!)

Any more?

No comments: