Monday 23 April 2012

Happy Birthday, WIll

Another wedding!  This time, it was just a case of putting my best coat on and walking down to the village church, where Georgie and Paul were making their vows.  And what a perfect order of service.

They wanted to observe St George's Day and Shakespeare's birthday, both of which are today.  In England we don't usually make a lot of this special day, so it was such a treat to do something about it.  We sang that lovely hymn about 'when a knight won his spurs in the stories of old', and one of the readings was my favourite Shakespearean sonnet - 'Let me not to the marriage of true minds...'.

If you're not familiar with these, or can't find a copy, let me know and I'll put the full texts on the blog.  And, of course we had 1 Corinthians 13 - 'if I have not love, I am nothing'.

And in answer to your questions, yes, she looked beautiful,  yes, there were a few tears from guests, yes, the flowers were very pretty, cream roses and anemones.  And the weather -

you can't have everything.







No comments: