Monday 11 June 2012

words to the wise

My friend Helen - the one I just got back in touch with - has raised the word game to a whole new level.

Paradise - gambling on salvation

to which I feebly reply

Remembrance - where did I leave Auntie?

I was reminded recently of one of those family sayings.  When my sister was about four years old, Dad was helping her to plant seeds in a flower bed.  A visitor arrived and Dad welcomed him into the garden, but said,
'Take care not to step on the soil there - that's where we just put my daughter' seeds'.

"Daddy!" she said, running over.  "Can I see the tortoise seeds?'







2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Ooh, goodness. I think I'll finally have to "bite the dust..." "Paradise, etc.," is to powerful for me!

My little mind-wheels will be turning today.

margaret mcallister said...

exclaim - 'that used to be mine' is another of Helen's.

I'm thinking may way round the orchestra. 'Violin - that pub was terrible'