Monday 1 October 2012

Cornwall, Cake, and Ch...

Funny sort of evening. I don't often do any baking, but I had a packet of dried fruit that needed using up so I made an old-fashioned 'cut and come again' fruit cake. It's one where you just boil up the fruit with almost everything else, then beat the flour in and put in the oven, so it takes no doing and makes the house smell like Christmas. Oh, no! I've said that word and it's only the first of October!

Then I thought I'd just have a quick look through at the photographs LOS sent us. They're mostly of the Sunshines' summer holiday in Cornwall. I got through the first five hundred or so and decided the rest can wait until tomorrow.

They'd been to the Eden Project, the gorgeous Lost Gardens of Heligan, Mevagissey, the Seal Sanctuary, and any number of beaches. If you want to see these places google Cornwall, but give yourself time to wallow in it. Tony and I have only been there once, and that was over thirty years ago, but seeing these pictures brings back how beautiful it is, and how unlike anywhere else. Artists love Cornwall because the light is so good.

So I think I should recommend LOS to the Cornish Tourist Board as he's doing such a good job for them. I think the only reason we haven't been back is because it's so far away, on the South West edge of the country (on a map it's the sticky out bit, bottom left.) These islands are small, but there's so much I haven't seen.

But it will have to wait until after Chr....

No comments: