Saturday 23 February 2013

Random

It's been that day again, the day when Tony and I go to York for the Members Day of the wonderful Riding Lights Theatre Company. It's also the weekend of the York Viking Festival, when every other person you see is dressed in a cloak and carrying a battleaxe. They have Dragon Boats races on the river, so it's really not a good day to fall in.

There were long traffic queues on the way there, so I had plenty of time for my brain to go for a walk. I was thinking about choosing character names, and I don't mean names like Catherine Jenkinson or Patrick Webster. I mean bizarre names for bizarre characters. Something like this -

write down

a name you might give to a puppy

a place you've enjoyed visiting

a type of sweet,

and mix them up. So now I have Flossie Vienna Marshmallow and Fergus Clovelly Fudge. I can see them now, can't you?

2 comments:

Nina Ruth Bruno said...

Trixie Barcelona Smarties

:-)

margaret mcallister said...

Yes, I can see her. A bright spark, maybe a kid who's always a step or two ahead of the adults. Tony came up with Godzilla Alnmouth Chocolate, which doesn't work for me. Coltis Helmsley Barleysugar is a man of distinction.