Wednesday 27 March 2013

Keep Calm

Keep calm, woman. So the oven just died. Well at least it didn't blow up, did it, or collapse on the floor, and you've still got a microwave that makes everything taste the same, and the grill doubles as an oven, admittedly a very small one, if you're not using it as a grill at the same time. And you've ordered a Remoska cooker which will be ever so useful when you work out how to use it.

Snow? What snow? You can see green on the hills today. There were only a few minor flurries today. The top of Much's head has appeared again, and some of the crocuses are still standing. The thrush can peck about without breaking its beak on the ice. There's nothing like a cold winter and a freezing spring for killing off the germs. And everything else.

Yes, it really is time we had some quotes from removal firms, isn't it? Never mind, dear, never mind. It gives you more time to get rid of all the stuff you don't need, and I'm sure somewhere there must be a charity shop that won't turn its nose up at the rubbish you've been hoarding all these years.

Behind with the new book, are we? You'll soon catch up. You're such a night owl, you know, and three o'clock in the morning is a lovely time to work because nobody wants to talk to you. Besides, the forecast for the Easter weekend is pretty dismal, so you won't want to go anywhere and have a day out. Oh, and while you're blogging, would you find out whether Americans have Hot Cross Buns at Easter?

I'm talking to myself now. It's a bad sign.

2 comments:

Nina Ruth Bruno said...

Well, as long as someone answers you back, talking to yourself is just fine (of course I am a ginger and I haven't slept much the past few days, so my opinion may be taken with some caution of my nuttiness! ) :-)

We most certainly do have hot cross buns...my sister-in-law is likely making some as we speak!

margaret mcallister said...

Yes, I get sensible answers that way. And gingers are simply the best. (Except my daughter isn't ginger, she's golden haired.)

I'm so glad you have hot cross buns. Eat them warm with the butter melting!