Tuesday 25 February 2014

Omnibus edition

We were about to go out when the postman arrived with an envelope for me. It was the rough art work for a book about the saints which is coming out early next year. It's so exciting doing an illustrated book because of the element of surprise - I don't know what it's going to look like until the roughs arrive. But I knew that Alida Massari is a safe pair of hands, and her drawings with their long, swooping curves never disappoint.

I've had the art work for another picture book, too, my first ever pre-school book - more later! I think you'll like it.

I was able to take the roughs with me and show them to Mum and Dad - we all went out to lunch today. The Beehive does possibly the best fish and chips I've ever tasted. Honestly, and I'm an expert.

Now, sit up straight and pay attention. It's a long time since I updated you about that best loved British radio soap, The Archers, which I believe is the longest running soap in the world. So, here we go.

Jack died, at a great age. He has left a lot of his estate to his stepdaughter Hazel the Horrible. This makes Hazel the Grundy's landlord,, and Clarrie is afraid that they'll all be put out on the road with their possessions in a bundle on a stick. Jack's widow Peggy has told the family about the terms of her will and managed to upset her son Tony (which isn't difficult). As a result Tony has fallen out with his surviving son Tom, and bought cows. Tom and Kirsty are getting married. Tony's daughter Helen has moved in with slimy Rob and that's going to end in tears, but we don't like Helen anyway.

Jill's cottage was broken into and now she feels a bit insecure and will probably move back into Brookfield with David and Ruth and family to be a live-in Granny. The pub got flooded, leading to a matrimonial set-to between Kenton and Jolene. Kenton is sleeping on the settee.

And little George Grundy got a puppy. She's called Holly, but Fang the Destroyer would be about right.


No comments: