Tuesday 10 June 2014

He Aint Heavy

I saw this story in the newspaper this morning and have to share it with you.

Hunter Gandee is a fourteen year old American boy with a little brother, Braden, who is seven. Braden has cerebral palsy and needs artificial aids to walk. Lately, though, he got a lift.

Hunter has just completed a forty mile - yes, that's forty mile - walk through Michigan with 22 kg Braden on his back. He did it to raise awareness of cerebral palsy. Awareness, not money. People who wanted to give money were directing to the University of Michigan's Cerebral Palsy Research Consortium. Hunter did some weight training for the 'Cerebral Palsy Swagger', but he had to cope with heat, rain, exhaustion and pain on the way. Afterwards, tired and sore, having pushed through his levels of pain and endurance, he said of his kid brother,

"I can't even describe to you how special he is to me. I can't put it into words... he's awesome. He's always there for me. I really just wanted to give back to him in some way."



No comments: