Friday 5 September 2014

Surprise!

Yes, I have been away for a long time, haven't I? Sorry to neglect you but it's all been a bit much and I haven't been at The House of Stories very much at all lately. Mostly because of this -

Now, if the computer is doing what it's supposed to do it should show you some lovely pictures from Daughter's Wedding to Her Chap. The Hobbits. There's one with me and Tony, one with her brothers LOS and LYS, and on the other one there's me, Lady Sunshine, The Lassie, and Claire. So now all my children are married and as happily as I could possibly wish. I will share memories with you as we go along, but standing out vividly are the music from the choir they both sing with, and the Guard of Honour with stars from the Christmas production where they first met. And all of us saying 'We do' to 'give her away', though I don't like that expression. Hamilton was a Page Bear and a very good one. Tony did the rings and blessing. They had asked me to do a reading from Mistmantle, so I adapted the blessing over Catkin from The Heir of Mistmantle.

All this reminds me that I haven't yet shown you a picture of the wedding of LYS and The Lassie in May, so here we are -


No comments: