Wednesday 21 January 2015

Have I got everything?

I left home this morning with

One copy of Stories of the Saints
One length of white tulle
Two parcels to post, one to Yorkshire and one to the USA
Two hats
Two scarves
Three bunches of artificial flowers, and
Five library books

The tulle, scarves, hats and flowers were for the Toddler Group. We were doing the story of the wedding feast at Cana, so we needed to do a bit of wedding dressing up - tulle and a bouquet for the bride, hats and flowers for the guests and so on. The Saints book was to show off to a few folks I'd be meeting later, the parcels were to go in the post, I had to return four library books and get the P G Wodehouse renewed, buy some more envelopes and collect my new reading glasses from the optician.

Until one has collected ones glasses one cannot be relied upon to have a clue what one is doing or whether one is supposed to be doing it, and besides I'm easily confused, but I think I handled it all very well. I returned the bride, my friends, and three bunches of hats to the library, renewed the optician, picked up an artificial saint and dressed it up in two hats and a scarf. Then I put the rest of the clothes on PG Wodehouse, showed off to Yorkshire, and posted the Toddler Group to the USA.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

i resent you the emali for role play.

yes, you are a pesant who just has to live off of bread and water.

Unknown said...

hats are nice, too, and scarfs. Speaking of cloths, I have always wanted to wear a black leather jacket.

margaret mcallister said...

You should have one!

Bread and water. It's an improvement on mud.

Unknown said...

hahaha! I looked on Amazon for a leather jacket. They had some, didnt buy one yet