Sunday 11 January 2015

I am in disgrace

I was blogging late at night. Or my back was hurting. Or I had a headache. Or a little pixie had got into my head.

I plead guilty but of unsound mind.

As Samantha pointed out, on my last blog post I wrote 'right' when I meant 'write'. I am astonished and ashamed and if this comes to the attention of The Society of Authors they will dress me in old proofs, burn my latest book, force feed me the ashes, and make me read 2015 The Writers' and Artists' Year Book from cover to cover. Out loud, including the adverts.

It's knot easy two bee a righter, butt at least eye could spell. I new my knights from my nights and I knew the place wear I live from the plaice that swims in the see. I know a horse on a course from a coarse horse. I'm afraid to talk to Hamilton now, in case I tell him he's a bare and not a bear.

Hamilton comes to me and puts a paw round my shoulders. 'Never mind', he says. 'They're, their'.


7 comments:

JonnyK44 said...

There, their, they're...its okay, it's ok...

Happy New Year, Mrs. McAllister!

Unknown said...

This.Is.Amazing!! Genius!.... Your too awesome. Its ok, the spelling police will not arrest you.

500.00$ fine for misspelling 'writer. 'Wait 1,000,000,000.00$

margaret mcallister said...

Happy New Year to you too, Jonny! How is this term going, or are you snowed in?

Sam, I thought you said I wouldn't be arrested? I can't afford the fine and will have to go to prison instead. I want a cell to myself with a cosy bed and a good view, please.

Unknown said...

O.O I did say that you would not get arrested.... In prison I dont think they give you cosy beds and good veiws.

Unknown said...

...at least you can look out the window at cars (AKA getaway cars) thinking about freedom...and being a hitchhiker, that too.

JonnyK44 said...

Snow has been relatively kind to us so far this year...only a few inches, and a little ice. The temperatures are low though, so none of it is melting. Winter is my least favorite time. Everything is cold, hard, dead...but baseball season is around the corner. My salvation!
The term is going well. My class and I are moving through The Heir of Mistmantle right now, and they are awfully worried about baby Catkin. Working with older students for the first time, it has been interesting to see the empathy they show toward Linty, as opposed to the sympathy that the second graders showed. In a way, it's like I'm reading the books for the first time.
Our current writing unit is on compare/contrast essays. We have decided to compare ourselves to a Mistmantle animal. The students are typing their essays today. I will have to forward some of the exemplars to you (if there are any...fingers crossed!)

margaret mcallister said...

How extraordinary that your class empathise with Linty. That shows such a level of maturity and compassion. (This may not be your experience as their form teacher, but it's what occurred to me!) I look forward to finding out what they put in their essays.