Saturday 7 February 2015

Adventure

Tony decided we needed a day off. I had intended sorting out the front bedroom. I didn't take much persuading.

It was an hour and a half's drive to Ullswater, and took us through this

- the white isn't snow, it's the mist collecting in the valley -

to this, at Ullswater we stopped for lunch



We walked to the waterfall at Aira Force, through the kind of woods and ancientness that takes you to a whole new place in yourself as well as in the world, and reminds you that we don't need magic when the world we know is as magical as this. There must have been meltwater coming down for a week or so, because the waters were frothing white-maned horses leaping down the rocks, and yet just a little way further on there were tranquil grey green cliffs and green grey waters, perfectly still. On the other side of the lake, the mountains reared up.

After that we could have driven on to Glenridding but with all the snow and reflection, moss, snowdrops, light, waters, mist and sheer astonishing beauty we couldn't take in any more, and soon it would be dark. So we turned for home, and on the way this happened

7 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty. Lucky! Nice pictures.

Unknown said...

Did you get my reply to the role play. I sent it and I dont know if you got it, it didnt show up correctaly in my sent folder. It said that they were sent, thought.

Unknown said...

If not, if yiu dont see it, will you reply, I wrote a lot.... eventhough I think you got it. I wonder what our other character is up, too.

Unknown said...

And it was great writing, too.

Oh, and hapoy Valentine's day.

margaret mcallister said...

I haven't see in, can you send it again?

Unknown said...

I will have to rewrite it then......:( :(

Unknown said...

I sent the email. I had to redo it.