Friday 8 May 2015

Oh dearie, dearie me

Oh dearie, dearie me, as Granny Weatherwax would say. We have a Conservative majority. That's absolutely fine if

you don't need health care

you don't go to school

you're not poor

you're employed on a decent wage

you have a house

you don't need benefits

you have a disposal income and a private pension

you'd like to make money from the NHS, education, or anything else that's supposed to belong to all of us.

I think that's enough to be going on with.

I think I'd like to go and live in Scotland. Or on Mistmantle. But no, we have to stay here. The local food banks need all the help they can get.

3 comments:

Songmorning said...

I spy Keynesian economics.

Assuming conservativism in England means roughly the same thing as it does in America, this is a misrepresentation. It's not as though conservatives want to take away those things, they just want to give them to the free market (and charities), which they believe are less corrupt and work better than the government.

Songmorning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Songmorning said...

I'm sorry for this extra post; I think I hit the "post" button twice, so it double-posted my original reply. If you ever see a deleted comment like this from me, that's probably what happened.