Sunday 22 November 2015

Thanks!

It was only this morning that I realised it was Thanksgiving, and that was because there was something about it on the radio. All you House of Story-ites on the other side of the water, I hope you're having a a very happy day.

Thanksgiving is an excellent sort of giving, and it's good therapy too. So what am I thankful for today?

A crisp, dry morning, Tony, toast and tea, my church and so much about it, my Junior Church Group, the wee girl who kept cuddling me, coffee, the fun we all had in the kitchen washing up, a lift home, rye bread and avocado, fudge, fruit, all the lovely people I met when I was stewarding this afternoon, a home to go to, streaks of pink across the sky, lights in the trees in the park, roast potatoes, a good book, a puzzle, sorting out advent calendars, and writing to you. There's more, but that's enough to be going on with. Now I'm looking forward to a warm bath and a soft bed. I don't know what time it is over there, but it's 11.00 pm here.

What are you thankful for today?

Oh, and The Archers, of course.

No comments: