Friday 24 June 2016

Not In My Name

I haven't been around much lately. I've been to York, to Oxford, met some lovely people, and wanted to tell you about it.

But today I woke up to see that a dishonest campaign based on exploiting greed, fear and ignorance has led to a marginal vote in favour of leaving the EU. The fabric of Europe is being ripped apart. The world's egotistical leaders and would-be leaders are crowing. Wise guides weep. I am distressed, I am angry. On behalf of the many friends who share my grief today, let me tell you -

Not In My Name.

2 comments:

The Command 'Fire' Four Times said...

Very sorry to hear the news. I didn't believe that leaving was going to be very easy; the strongest powers of the world need to stay together. Nations simply can't isolate themselves off anymore in this widespread, unstable age... We all must be interconnected for our survival, and at times when it's hard, shouldn't it be imperative to amend any disagreements?

margaret mcallister said...

This is exactly what I have been saying for the weeks approaching the referendum. Everyone I know is devastated. Most of the 'Leave' voters seem not to have thought of the consequences at all, they were just fed up with the status quo and having a kick at the establishment. Many of them are already regretting it. Bit late now.

We'll just have to work at holding together as well as possible, and making the best of a bad job.

Thank you for your comment.