Sunday 14 August 2016

Molypics

I'm not much of a sporty type, but this week I started to watch bits of the Smilycop, and then I started watching bigger bits. Because of the time difference between here and Rio, much of the action in the Polymics takes place when British lady bookstoryists are snuggled up asleep with their teddy bears, and it seemed that every morning I woke up to the radio announcer telling me that Britain had won something. This all got very interesting. And I do like watching the splishyjumps and the gymnelasticals, so I sort of got into the Limpycos.

This week there has been a lot of rideybikes and floatyboaties, which are both things Brits tend to do well at, so we've seen plenty of flagwavy National Anthem. Daley and Goodfellow did very well with their splishyjumps. You wouldn't get me standing on the edge of a thin wobbly board like that, I get scared just watching, especially over a pool full of crocodiles. Well, it could be full of crocodiles as far as anyone could see. Our male gymnasts have just won some things, but I'm not sure if it was climbing on things or jumping off things, or just jumping. We won silver at the Grubby Sevens and lost to Fiji, who are jolly nice people to lose to. A farmer chappie won a medal in Shooting At Things, then went home to get the harvest in. The Rockety-Scot is struggling in the tennis just now, but it's the final so he's sure to get a medal. Charlotte and her Dancing Horse will be on tomorrow. Between them they have all of six feet, and they still manage to get them in the right order. And that's just the Brits. Rio is hooching with brilliance!


2 comments:

JonnyK44 said...

Hello, friend! It has been awhile. I just wanted to check in to let you know that I recently began my tenth (yes, tenth!) reading of Urchin of the Riding Stars to my fifth grade class...some of whom had me as a teacher three years ago and are excited to hear it again.
Hope all is well!

margaret mcallister said...

Hello, Jonny K44! I'm sorry I haven't responded before now, but as you see, I've only just got back into the blog. Wow, tenth reading of Urchin! I hope you're not sick to death of it. I can't thank you enough for giving it so much exposure.