Monday 24 October 2016

Attic

We have visitors coming this week, lots of them, so I have had to sort out the attic.

The attic is one of the reasons we bought this house. It's a vast roof space which the previous owners made into a very pleasant room with sloping beams you can bump your head on and cupboards all the way round under the eaves. Windows look out for miles across the hills. There was already a corner with a desk and bookshelves, just waiting for me. There's room for two single beds, one at each end, and I have a couple of rugs and a comfy chair in there, and - well, lots of stuff looking for a home. There are Christmas decoration, a lot of knitting and craft stuff in a chest and a basket, and, because this is The House of Stories, a lot of cuddly toys live here. They sit on top of the chest and have a great time up there. They include Captain Lugg, Mother Huggen, an otter and innumerable squirrels. (Oh, and a baby bath that we got for when grandchild comes to stay. That was before he was born. We've now found that he doesn't like the baby bath, he likes to go in the big bath with his mum.)

There are also a few toys from my children's past and the dolls' house that Father Christmas made for me, with help from my dad, when I was tiny. And that was the problem yesterday, because I couldn't resist giving it a bit of a sort out when I was doing the attic. Finally I remembered that I was supposed to be cooking a meal, not playing with my dolls' house. I left a lot of clutter on the sitting room floor for the dolls to sort out. But Smallest Goddaughter is coming this week, and I'm sure she'll get on to it.

By the way, I am very particular about who gets to play with my dolls' house. It's MY dolls' house, and there are times when I still want to play with it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My computer does not like you're blog. It is refusing to show the comments page. The only way I can comment is by my phone.


......

There is nothing wrong with being childlike. My cousin is 30 years old and is child like in some ways, she really likes Disney and animation. I'm 23 (you know that) and I like animation and family oriented movies.

A few days ago I looked up Paw Patroal. I was curious as to what it was about even know I knew that it was a TV show for kids. It is animated and it is about dogs with super powers the help people in need. Personally, I think the idea of animals with super powers is a really neat idea. The show was not horribly juvenile.

Don't laugh at me people. I watch a lot of PG and or pg-13 movies a lot. I watch a lot of Science fiction and fantasy movies and also movies that are geared towards families. For TV shows I watch a lot of fantasy and or sicence fiction and or real life medical drams.

Unknown said...

And I also enjoy some drama movies that deal with some stew turf disability and or chronic illness. Generally I'm not interested in adult movies. Too much fighting, bickering, using drugs Exedra.

Unknown said...

Excuse my typos I am using speech to text. (What I typically use when I write because it is easier for me. Although I do type like a 'normal' person without using voice to text)

margaret mcallister said...

Hi Sam! Lately my computer hasn't liked the blog either.

Childlike is good. Childish isn't. Do you know what I mean?