Friday 11 November 2016

Sad, and what else...

I am sad this week because of what has happened in America. I can't quite believe it, to be honest. So all of us at The House of Stories, and all our visitors, let's keep living for thanksgiving and love, compassion and joy. Let's make a difference. Let's make life as good as we can for as long as we can for as many as we can.

So, what has been happy this week?

The toddler group on Wednesday morning and the lovely team I work with

Writing stuff

The dogs in the park

An afternoon at the ballet with an old friend - (Northern ballet Beauty and the Beast, very good)

The window at Fenwick's department store in Newcastle - they're doing Beatrix Potter this year

The sun still rises

Love. Love. Love.

And, as a vicar friend used to say, 'Let's Do Praying'.

4 comments:

Nels said...

Hi Margi! sorry it's been so long since I've written (maybe this, writing again, is another good thing that can come out of this tragedy?), I wanted to thank you for your lovely post and all your prayers! it's been pretty rough over here as you've heard, and we are too are pretty shocked and distraught and maybe feelling a bit betrayed too. (I imagine brexit felt similar). we're clinging onto love though, love is definitely the answer and the way, and we are determined to have hope through it all no matter what.
yes, the sun is still rising, the leaves are almost all off the trees, and I hear a whisper that snow might be coming soon... :)
Cheers!
Nels

The Command 'Fire' Four Times said...

Somehow we Americans have managed to outdo Brexit... I'm trying to carry on life as usual believing that the divisive speech of our next President isn't going to have people treating each other differently in an instant. But I feel horribly about what our collective image in other countries might be; I hope there's faith in the other half of our population that voted the other way. Time to talk about unity again.

margaret mcallister said...

Yes, it was difficult to outdo Brexit! After Margaret Thatcher was elected for the second time, people were going round wearing badges saying 'don't blame me, I didn't vote for her'. It is good to hear from Americans who are as appalled as we are. As you say, we have to go on doing what needs to be done, loving and speaking up for truth. Who knows what good things are happening that we can't see yet?

All will be well, as the lady said. Nels, great to hear from you again, I often wondered how you were.

Rina said...

A busy and elusive Rina dashes by once more.
Over here, the election has not made me nor most of my folk very happy by any means... An occasional (heh) snarky comment about politics does escape me, and I am not quite looking forward to that part of next January nonetheless.

But I've said, and believe, that good people will still go on doing good things no matter what the situation. History (and stories) are full of examples. And God is the Great Author and can get the story of our world on track no matter what we characters get into... And for these reasons I have hope. If the story needs heroes then we shall have to do our best to help supply them. And I believe there are plenty of us out there who can, and will.